Flywheel Coupling Product Description
The HEX-FLX flywheel coupling provides operation below critical speeds with its high torsional stiffness. It minimizes spline fretting and has the best shaft clamping abilities in its class (Patent No.: US 7,645,089 B2, Jan. 12, 2010). This flywheel coupling may be blue, but don’t let it get you down. Replacing existing flywheel couplings of similar design with the HEX-FLX may even put a little $$ back in your budget.
- High torsional stiffness which allows operations below critical speeds
- -40° to +220°F operating temperatures
- Light and compact with long service life
- Handles high shock loads Easy, two-piece blind mounting
- Sintered hubs can be modified in form and length as needed (call for details)
- Various series for standard SAE flywheels
- Secure locking system to eliminate fretting (Patent No.: US 7,645,089 B2, Jan. 12, 2010)
- Economically priced and normally in stock
This two-piece flywheel coupling is used on Off-highway construction equipment such as;
- Arial Lifts
- Bucket Loaders
- Skid Steers
- Wheeled Loaders
- … and much more.
When installing onto straight keyed shafts, be sure your key is the full length of the flywheel coupling body. If this is not done, warranty will not be considered in the event of a failure.
Important HEX-FLX Flywheel Coupling Information
HEX-FLX Flywheel Couplings – NOT APPROVED FOR GENERATOR, VACUUM PUMP OR BLOWER APPLICATIONS