This video demonstrates how to install a HEX-FLX Flywheel Coupling on a scissor lift. To select your specific HEX-FLX Flywheel Coupling Click Here
The HEX-FLX Flywheel Coupling provides operation below critical speeds with its high torsional stiffness. It minimizes spline fretting and has the best shaft clamping abilities in its class (Patent No.: US 7,645,089 B2, Jan. 12, 2010). This coupling may be blue, but don’t let it get you down. Replacing existing couplings of similar design with the HEX-FLX may even put a little $$ back in your budget.
- SAE Housing and SAE Flywheel with Splined pump shaft
- SAE Housing and SAE Flywheel with Keyed pump shaft
- Non-SAE or Semi-SAE Flywheel and Housing with Splined pump shaft
- Non-SAE or Semi-SAE Flywheel and Housing with Keyed pump shaft
- High torsional stiffness which allows operations below critical speeds
- -40° to +300°F operating temperatures
- Light and compact with long service life
- Handles high shock loads Easy, two-piece blind mounting
- Sintered hubs can be modified in form and length as needed (call for details)
- Various series for standard SAE flywheels
- Secure locking system to eliminate fretting (Patent No.: US 7,645,089 B2, Jan. 12, 2010)
- Economically priced and normally in stock
This two-piece flywheel coupling is used on Off-highway construction equipment such as;
- Arial Lifts
- Bucket Loaders
- Skid Steers
- Wheeled Loaders
- … and much more.
When installing onto straight keyed shafts, be sure your key is the full length of the flywheel coupling body. If this is not done, warranty will not be considered in the event of a failure.